Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life in the Hotel

There are a lot of things about the hotel that I will always remember- the same breakfast every morning, watching Abigale learn to swim with her floaties in the pool, the smell in the room that lasted for days when I attempted to cook something in the very small kitchen, all of the eating out we did so that I wouldnt have to cook, spending hours on the internet looking for a house in Utah, trying to remind myself that it is Christmas time by having the girls color Christmas pictures and putting them around the room, etc. I did an awful job of capturing these moments with pictures but here are some that we took when our friends spent the day with us. Best Buds!


This was right after swimming so everyone was still wet and cold


Love her!

Hanging out in our small room
Watching funny you tube clips
Wanted to include this because this is one of the only pics I have of me pregnant. The black does a good job of hiding the belly but its there. I think I was 6 months pregnant.


Abigale had a little Christmas Dance recital at a nursing home and well it didnt go quite as planned or as I had hoped. For days leading up to it she would cry everytime we would mention it and say that she didnt want to go. As a parent, I didnt know what to do- Should I just make her do it and tell her to get over it or let her stay home? Well, we decided to take her and see if she would get over her fear. I am not sure if it was the best choice because she started bawling when we got there. I tried sitting with her before the performance and I even was able to sit right next to where she would be dancing but she just sat on my lap and refused to dance. It was so sad because she looked so cute and her teacher told me she knew the dance better then anyone but I guess she just wasnt ready for it. I got her to do that dance that night for me and it is about the cutest thing ever. She really loves to dance so hopefully next time she will be ready to perform!

Isn't she so cute!This was on her last day of dance class. She loved her teacher Miss Kim! We were finally able to move back into our house in the middle of December but it wasnt really our house since everything was just in boxes. We were all just sleeping on the mattresses on the floor but we tried to make the best of it- we watched a movie on the computer and had a pizza party!





I still miss our old house!

1 comments:

Des said...

HOLY COW!! HOLY COW. so much has happened.. The past week I have not stopped thinking about you, so tonight I got some time and checked up on your blog and WO. your house being flooded and worst of all you moving. ok it is a blessing. I'm so happy for you guys and getting a good job. But i'm sad we got too busy during the holiday and didn't get to hang out more. What a crazy holiday season for you though. I really am sad I wasn't there for you. Keep blogging, I love reading about you and your family and I'm so curious about how all is still going.

oh and CONGRATS on your baby BOY!!! yay. can't wait to see him.