Thursday, December 13, 2007

California!

My dad travels a lot for his job and last weekend he had a conference in Laguna Beach. They like to tell people that they invited Abigale to go with them and had to bring me along, which is fine by me! With finals coming up for Jonathan, I thought it would be a good time to get away and let him study and who can turn down a trip to California. We spent two nights at an amazing hotel in Laguna and then two nights in San Diego where we went to the zoo. Abigale loved it all so much, especially being with Grammy and Poppa. Thanks Mom and Dad for a great vacation!



Abigale didnt really like the water but she loved chasing the birds:

The hotel had a giant gingerbread house (this picture is only half of it) and every part of it was made out of food. Of course, Abigale was obsessed with it and every time we walked past it we would have to drag her away from it: The hotel had a dining area on our floor and they served delicious food all day long and so of course we made frequent trips. One time we were all just sitting down with our food and before we started eating, Abigale folded her arms and bowed her head. At first I didnt know what she was doing and then I realized she was praying! I was so proud and had to capture it on the camera. This is after she finished her "prayer". So serious.

Sorry I cant get this picture to turn but this is at the San Diego Zoo!

Abigale loved all the animals kept trying to touch them through the glass. I was impressed with how brave she was.This monkey walked over to the window and Abigale walked right up to him and tried to pet him. She even leaned over and kissed the glass.She loved this hippo statue. She walked up to it and just sat there and started laughing. Silly girl!

On the Skytram at the zoo. It was freezing but an overall awesome trip!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

LOVE the pictures!!! My fav. is of her praying. Too cute. Next, it will be fun to hear them actually say amen! :) CA looked like a blast...I am definitely jealous. :) What a great trip!!!! When it warms up we'll have to take the kiddos to the Hogle Zoo!

The Evers said...

Laguna is our favorite place we so want to live there! I am way jealous! Any news from DS's man I really hate this!

Maggie said...

Hey, you guys are so cute. Isn't it crazy how fast these babies are growing up? Abigail is so sweet. Hope all is going well. maggie