Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas!

We had such a fun Chirstmas! Like I said before, my whole family was together for the first time in a very long time and it was as fun as I hoped it would be. Abigale and Lydia only have three cousins and they live in Singapore so it was fun to watch them interact over Christmas. Claire is 6 and loves taking care of her cousins, Eliza is 4 and loves to have fun, and Ben is 2 (a month younger then Abigale) and is full of energy and has the cutest smile ever. Abigale was a little overwhelmed at first, but by the end of the week she loved her cousins and she still asks for them almost everyday. It is sad because we dont know when we will get to see them again, but hopefully soon!

We had big plans for the week of Christmas and while we were able to do many of the things we wanted, the massive amount of snow we received kept us from accomplishing every item on the to do list. Here are some pictures of a few of the fun things we did.
Making Cookies with Aunt Caitlin and Uncle Jeffrey:
Decorating Cookies:
Building Forts with Uncle Jeff
Watching Christmas movies or most likely they were watching Hannah Montana!
Playing with Grandpa and Cousin Ben:
Lydia is not sure how she feels about this kiss:Lydia and Grandpa
Playing in the Snow!
Hanging with Uncle Jeffrey:
Abigale and Ben. It never drops below about 80 degrees in Singapore so Ben and Eliza had never even seen snow. They had fun but I think they will be happy when they get back to their tropical climate:As Abigale would say "That's silly, Dada!"
The Girls made Gingerbread houses while all the guys went skiing at Snowbasin. We had a lot of fun but the guys said the snow was amazing. They got 19 inches of snow just in the day they were there and they were skiing in powder up to their chests.Cooking the traditional Chirstmas meal; shrimp, potatoes, raspberry jell-o, rolls, etc. Delicious! (well I am not a shrimp eater so I dont know about that, but everything else was wonderful)

We forget to take a cute picture of the presents Santa laid out for the girls and we video recorded all morning so this is the only picture I got of the presents from Santa but I think you can tell she liked it all!There were four deer in the backyard eating out of the bird houses and they were so pretty. They look far away in this picture but they were really close. It was beautiful with all the snow!

2 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

So much fun. I miss da abs.

I wish I could have posted all the fun videos and pictures I took at Christmas...but my hard drive died, so I lost them all. Thanks for posting yours.

Southwick Family said...

Hi Abigale; i miss you. Thanks for letting me look through your pictures. i talk about you everyday. Love, Ben