Thursday, March 19, 2009

They Grow Up Too Fast!

Things have been pretty busy lately which has been nice but the time seems to be flying by which means my girls continue to grow up on me. Lydia is now 4 1/2 months old and is our sweetheart. She is still in the 98% for weight at 16 lbs and 80% for height but we love every ounce of her. She is so fun to have in the house and three nights this week she slept 12-13 hours straight without getting up to eat. It was amazing but too bad we cant say the same thing for Abigale who is till our early bird. Not loving rice cereal:
Abigale started joy school last week and it has been a lot of fun. Four little girls in our ward that are all 3 or turning 3 this year get together twice a week for 90 minutes and learn letters, numbers, colors, shapes, sing, dance and have a great time. Every week we rotate houses and next week it is our house. Abigale really enjoys it but since she is so shy and is still getting to know the kids I have been going with her but hopefully she will be able to go by herself soon. Abigale is the youngest but it is good for her to be around other little girls. I can already tell such a difference in her vocabulary and just the way she talks. She keeps us laughing!
First day of school. Doesn't she look cute and excited?:
Jonathan is doing great at his job. With the economy right now, things have been a little frustrating at times but we feel blessed to even have a job. He has also been keeping busy with all of his many projects around the house which is great because he saves us a lot of money with his projects. For example, we really needed a new desk but instead of buying a new one, he took our old one, cut it up and created the perfect custom desk. He also fixed his car, with a little help from Abigale, and when we moved in, made an awesome bookshelf. Thanks honey!
The desk. It is hard to really see and I wish we had a before picture but it is awesome.
The bookshelf, this is my favorite thing he had made:

6 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Whoa, that bookshelf is awesome. Nice work J-money. I will be saving no money for Caitlin with my lack of manly skills.

Joy school...I remember my first day of joy school. It is cool to think that Abigale is finally getting to the age where life long memories are getting created.

Unknown said...

that's awesome!....I love his creativity. Aaron rebuilt our entertainment center to fit our T.V. and is going to be working on a dining table this weekend. We'll see.... Anyways, I miss you and that family of yours is so CUTE!! You are doing a great job!

Unknown said...

The bookshelf looks awesome! I'm glad Abigale is enjoying joy school. Sounds like a good time. I should look into something similar.

nathan said...

holy cow, they do grow up so fast. It seems like I was just reading the post about you having her. Your girls are so darling!!!

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

WOW you have a very talented husband!!! That is awesome and everything looks so good!!! Joy School how fun!!! I'm glad she is liking it.

Loni said...

I love Joy School!!! I can't believe Jonathan made that bookshelf - I'm telling you, he may be in the wrong business.