Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth = Happiest Little Girl on Earth

We had such an amazing time at Disneyland with my parents. Abigale and Lydia both were amazing and such good travelers. Abigale loves airplanes so just the plane ride there was enough for her but it only got better. Even our hotel was awesome. They had a fake lion in the lobby up on some rocks above a fish pond and every 30 minutes smoke would come out and the lion would stand up and roar. Abigale was pretty freaked out at first but she loved it and the hotel was set up so that all the rooms faced in toward the lobby. Every 10 minutes she was wanting to go out in the hall and watch the lion. It was pretty fun.
We spent three days at Disneyland and the California Park. Abigale loved every second of it and was happy as can be the entire time even though she never took a nap. The weather was perfect which was good and bad. It was the first nice weekend in a long time so a lot of people were there which made for long lines but of course it was worth it! Abigale's favorite "rides" were the Winnie the Pooh ride, the Tiki Bird house (she saw that about 5 times), Dumbo ride, Peter Pan, and although she kept saying the Pirates of the Caribean were too scary she cant stop talking about it. She also loved the Disney Playhouse Show with Mickey Mouse and Little Einsteins and the Bug's Life area. She did not like when the monster of Monsters, Inc tried to give her a high five. Her face was of sheer terror but it was still pretty cute. Overall it was an amazing trip and much needed. Thanks Mom and Dad!
I made a slide show with all the pictures but for some reason it will not post it so here are a few of my favorites and hopefully I will soon have more up.




7 comments:

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

How fun!!! That looks like such a blast!! I'm so glad Abigale had fun. I would love to Grant to Disney world sometime but I didn't really know how old he needed to be. Going off Abigale though it looks like you picked the perfect age. You are such a cute mom!

Unknown said...

that looks like a blast! I can't wait to take my kiddos someday!! You are such a fun mommy! I miss ya. Your girls are beautiful!

Side of Caitlin said...

Looks fun Carl! Too bad we couldn't be there with you.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had such a good time. That first picture of your hubby and Abigale is so cute!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Okay...let me tell you a story. My parents took me on pirates of the carribean when I was about 3-4. It scared me so bad, but I held the fear inside. I'm not sure if it screwed me up or not, but I was scared of that ride until I was like 15 when I went on it again and realized how not scary it is. All I can say is that I am the way I am...and POTC might have something to do with that.

Good luck Abs.

Nicole said...

What an awesome awesome trip! Next time, we're tagging along. ;)
I love the family pic at the top of your blog. SO cute! And Carley, you look amazing, I just might have to hate you. jk
We miss you guys too!!!

nathan said...

Carly you look amazing and have the most beautiful family! how fun to be at disney!! looks like a blast!