Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wisdom Teeth

My wisdom teeth are what I am blaming my lack of blogging on because I finally got them out last week. It was an interesting experience because I decided to have my dentist do it and not be knocked out but just numbed (it was much cheaper this way). Although I was very nervous and thought my jaw would break a few times, I am actually very glad I did it this way. I just turned my ipod up really loud and breathed in the gas. Recovery was much faster which is vital with two kiddos. I ate a lot of ice cream, pudding, yogurt, and smoothies but think I am finally fully recovered. My mom helped me out soo much. She came every day and even got Abigale to stay the night at her house one night which helped out a ton and I know Abigale had a blast. My mom is amazing. She stayed all week with me then left last Thursday to be with my Grandma because she hurt her back and is in a lot of pain. My sister has also been really sick lately so she left at 5:00 am on Saturday to catch a shuttle to the airport and fly to Chicago to take care of her! Thanks mom for everything you do! I feel so blessed to have you as my mom.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yum! ice cream, pudding and smoothies? Too bad i already got out my wisdom teeth. :) Glad you are recovering well.

Side of Caitlin said...

Agreed. Thanks Mom!!

Jeralyn Petterson said...

I did the same thing, I was pregnant with Bailey so I couldn't be knocked out. If you can get past the sound then everything else is a breeze. That is so nice your mom is so helpful. I miss visiting with your parents. We might come to boise next month for a boating/camping trip before the baby comes. If we do I want to get together. Do your parents live in Boise now?