Tuesday, October 4, 2011

6 Months!

My little guy is 6 months old! It is sad but so fun at the same time. I love watching his little personality develop and watching him figure out more things about the world. So sweet!Ryan is sitting up all by himself now and loves it. He doesn't roll very much but it's because he loves to sit up and whenever he is laying down he gets mad so he doesnt get very much practice. He is always reaching for things. You cannot put anything near him without him reaching out and grabbing it. I no longer can sit at the computer with him because he falls out of my lap reaching for the keys. His favorite thing to hold is a remote. If it is anywhere near him he will spot it and dive for it. He also loves to bang on things especially peoples faces. Ryan loves to clap and is so proud of himself when he does it. He loves baby food and has eaten everything we have tried including the green vegetables. It always amazes me when he eats the baby food because my girls hated it! Ryan is not the greatest sleeper. In fact, I think he has slept through the night 3 or 4 times. It is weird because he cries quite a bit during the night but in the day he never cries. When he does cry at night, we have to go in re-swaddle him and turn on his music toy and he usually goes back to sleep. During the day he would much rather be playing with his sisters then sleeping but he will eventually hit a wall and he will fall asleep anywhere. He is the sweetest boy and just silly. He loves to laugh and play little games. If anyone starts laughing he will giggle back at them. Today, Abigale started hitting a balloon in the air and he thought it was the funniest thing ever and just started laughing really hard. He loves Abigale and just lights up when she comes in the room. She can get him to laugh harder then anyone. Another thing that is different about Ryan is he will let anyone hold him. My girls would scream if anyone looked at them at this age but Ryan doesnt care who holds him. It has been the biggest relief for me and I hope it doesnt change. He definitely knows me and smiles when I walk in but he is fine playing with anyone. He is still a big boy wearing mostly 9-12 month clothes but is slowing down a little. At the doctor today he was 19 lbs 6 ounces which is the 80th percentile for weight and 75 percentile for height. As the doctor put it, he is now bigger then only 8 out of 10 boys instead of all of the boys!We love this guy so much and are so grateful he is in our family! He brings so much joy and happiness! Happy Half Birthday Ryan!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a great update. He is a handsome little man. My girls never slept through the night until about a year. I hope he starts sleeping more for you soon.