Sunday, January 20, 2008

In Mourning. . .

For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE Green Bay Packers fan. I am not just talking about those bandwagon fans who only like them when they have a good year, I have been a fan since I was in 7th grade. In 7th grade my English teacher made us play fantasy football for extra credit. Not knowing very much about any of the players, I randomly picked many of the Packers players including Brett Favre. I have always liked watching sports but didnt really get into the NFL until my grade depended on it and then I was hooked and have loved Green Bay ever since. They had an awesome season this year but I am so sad that they lost to the Giants. I would have loved to see them play in the Super Bowl against the Patriots but unfortunately they didnt play their best tonight. Hopefully, Favre will be back for one more season but in the meantime I guess I will have to cheer for New England.


On a side note, we taught Abigale "touchdown" so everytime we yelled touchdown she would jump up and put her hands in the air. It was so funny.
The only thing that made the loss bareable was the fact that I got to watch the game on our new flat screen tv in high definition. It was a whole new experience compared to our other tv where we could not even see the score.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carley,

This is Dad. I'm so-o-o-o sorry about the game. I was really hoping that GB and Brett would pull through for you. But, I'm glad you are going to cheer for the Patriots.

Abigale is so smart. And she's starting early in her love for sports. That is terrific. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

Nicole said...

I will be honest...I am NOT cheering for the Patriots. But I feel your pain with GB. We were really hoping they would be the ones to beat the Patriots! (since the Cowboys didn't make it...) Thanks again for yesterday and we're excited to hang out for a little bit tomorrow. :)