Thursday, October 28, 2010

Labor Day Weekend in Jackson

At the last minute and two weeks after our two weekends in Utah, we decided to hit the road again and join my parents at thier house/my sisters house in Driggs, ID (which is just outside of Jackson Hole). Actually my parents were nice enough to take the girls the day before we could leave so that Jonathan and I could get a break from driving with kids. Aahh the drive was so quiet and easy! It was great!
Jackson is really one of the most beautiful places ever! We had such a fun and relaxing time. We went on lots of bike rides, walks, played lots of games, and just had a great time. We will be spending Christmas there with my family and I am so excited!

We went to Grand Targhee and went on a little hike but it was extremely cold and we were not quite prepared for that. We did take a few fun family pictures and it was so worth being cold to see the view!
We were supposed to make funny faces but I wish Jonathan and I didnt because the girls look cute!The Tetons!

We walked through Jackson and went through a few of the shops
Trying to get into the cowboy spirit but the girls weren't feeling it!

In downtown Jackson they put on a little show with cowboys- when I was younger I remember it being really cool with guys falling off balconys but this was pretty lame and Lydia did not like the guns! I think Abigale liked it though!


I think we started a new tradition. We bought Cinnamon bread from Great Harvest and made french toast the next morning. It was amazing!! I had some for breakfast and lunch! Abigale was a great helper for Papa
This dog was the next door neighbors and Abigale was obsessed with it. I was obsessed with how big it was!
After we left Jackson we had to make a stop on the way home at the Eastern Idaho State Fair. My parents love going to the fair and especially love going with grandkids because it is an excuse to buy lots of yummy food! The girls loved the rides and the animals. Lydia did not want to leave and kept asking for more horses. It was such a great weekend!


0 comments: