Monday, October 11, 2010

Two Trips to Utah in One Week

I know that it sounds crazy to drive 20 hours in 9 days but it was so worth it. The first weekend I was in Utah was for a much needed girls shopping trip. The drive flew by when I had great friends to talk to and no kids to worry about! We then spent most of our time in Tai Pan and IKEA. I think we were in IKEA for like 6 hours and still had to go back the next day! It was great to just walk around and take our time (maybe a little too much time). We also did a lot of shopping, eating, and talking, and no girls trip is complete without manicures, pedicures, and facials! It was so much fun and cant wait to do it again!


We barely took any pictures (too busy spending money) but these ones crack me up. We bought so much stuff at IKEA between the four of us that we had to completely empty the van and repack everything. We did a great job and fit everything perfectly- with room to spare for more shopping.
I promise I did help but had to take some pictures firstThe only group pictures we took all weekend and at some random yogurt giveaway at the mall. This is was right before we started the drive home.
The next weekend we headed back to Utah because my old roommate Kate was coming to town. We lived together for two years (? it seems like longer) at BYU until I got married and she went on a mission. She now lives in Washington D.C. so I jumped at the chance to see her even if we only got to see eachother for a few hours. She is the best and I loved seeing her! We also got to see our other roommate Annmarie and finally meet her adorable little guy Jake. Annmarie and I had been trying to get together for years so it was nice to finally catch up. Our lunch was a little crazy with my two overly tired girls but it was still so fun to get together.
Bad picture of me but the only one we got
Abigale took control of my camera
Like I said- overly tired!
Abigale took this cute picture of Jake The rest of the time was spent playing with Jonathan's family. We love spending time with them and the girls still ask for Grandpa and Grandma Tanner.
Abigale and Lydia had so much fun jumping on the tramp with Grandpa. He would demonstrate a move on the tramp and then Abigale would copy with Lydia cheering them on. It was pretty entertaining for everyone
Well, these guys were more entertained with their phones
We spent a day at the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point with Grandma Tanner. It was a lot of fun but maybe the girls were a little young and a little too into princesses to really enjoy all the dinosaurs. Abigale still had fun though

It was a crazy week but a lot of fun and dont worry our travels were not over. We headed to Jackson the next weekend!

0 comments: