Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ryan's Blessing . . . Finally!

I know that Ryan was almost big enough to sit up in a chair or crawl up to the front by the time he got blessed, but we finally did it! It was just so hard in the summer to find a weekend when we were in town and at least his grandparents let alone all his aunts and uncles. Throw a move into the mix and that is why it took us so long! It was actually nice though to do it when he was a little older because he had a little more personality and Jonathan had 5 months to think about what he wanted to say. Plus, he looked really cute in his white shirt and slacks! I wanted to get a tie but we decided we didnt need to make him look any older then he already is!


From what I hear and read, the blessing was amazing, but unfortunately I was unable to hear it! The microphone didnt work and Jonathan must have been talking pretty soft because I could not make out one word. I kept waiting for the blessing to start and thought something was wrong with Ryan so I looked up and could see his mouth moving but couldnt hear anything! I am not going to lie, I was pretty upset. I didnt know what to do- I wanted someone to stop him but he was already half way through and I could see Jonathan getting emotional and I knew there was no way he could start over now. As soon as he sat down, I told him what happened and made him write down everything he could remember saying in the blessing. It was nice to be able to read what was said but I was still pretty upset. About half way through the meeting, I had to take Ryan and feed him. While I was feeding him I said a prayer to help me understand and Heavenly Father quickly helped me feel better and realize the words said were not that important- it was more about the feelings and all of the people that were there that love him so much. Jonathan told me that night that he felt that the blessing was really between Ryan and Heavenly Father and we decided that maybe it just wasnt meant for everyone to hear! The bishopric felt so bad and came over that night and said that they checked everything right before church and it was all working and it worked the rest of the day. We decided we can either be mad about it or just realize there was a reason for it and trust our Heavenly Father. Either way, it is a day and learning experience I won't forget! All of Jonathan's family was able to come except for his younger brother, Craig, who was really sick. My parents came and my sister and her family were nice enough to drive from Driggs.

Jonathan's family: I am so blessed to have married into such an amazing family. It has been so fun to live a little closer so that we can see each other more often. The girls love when we all get together because they are the only grandkids so far so they get lots of love and attention
.




My family! Too bad Ry is looking the wrong way! He really wanted to grab those leaves behind us! My sister and her kids stayed the night with us and we had a lot of fun. The kids went crazy in the play room and the adults were actually able to talk a little bit. The next day we went to the mall so they could do some back to school shopping and my sister picked up In-and-Out for lunch! They could only stay for the day but we loved having them!

Claire and Ryan
William decided to get in the picture Thank you everyone for coming! I love you all!

1 comments:

Lynette said...

You are so beautiful Carley!!