Thursday, November 15, 2012

Jonathan turns 30!

Jonathan turned the big 3-0! I knew we had to do something great to celebrate because he was not too excited about entering his 30's. I decided to throw him a surprise party the weekend before his birthday and he was super surprised! I reserved the church and decorated and baked all day with my wonderful friend Melissa, who helped me so much! I told him that we were going to play basketball with some friends at the church. When we got there, there were no cars and it was completely dark. Jonathan thought that we were at the wrong place or too early but I told him that maybe they were setting up treats in the relief society room. We opened the door and everyone yelled surprise! It took him awhile to figure out what was going on and he actually thought that they were yelling surprise to someone else but he soon figured it out! It was so fun! We played a few games. One was a trivia game about Jonathan and the other was a name that tune where we did boys against girls and they had to name the top song from each year of his life. It was pretty fun to remember the good old days! We were then going to all play basketball but it was getting late so we all ate treats and talked some more. I think it was a success- at least I had fun!

My special helper and the fun decorations! His mom sent me pictures of him as a kid which were really fun to share!

My awesome friend Melissa! I could not have done it without her!

This was Abigale's contribution :)

Some of the party guests. We had about 12 couples and I was so happy people showed up!

Our friend, Jim, decided to play Happy Birthday and of course Jonathan had to jump on the piano!


The guys- this was after the boys vs girls game so that's why they are separate, if anyone was wondering :)

A tender hug from his friend Taz


On his actual birthday, October 3rd, I made him french toast (with special bread from Kneaders) and then he went to work. Pretty exciting!  He did come home early and we bought a big tv since our last one was hit by a little girl and her golf club! I was smart and surprised him with a tv mount so now it is up on our wall which is very good because I can only imagine what kind of damage Ryan would do to the tv if he could reach it! We spent the rest of the night setting up the tv and it is so nice. It was a pretty relaxing day but I think he had a good day and hopefully the 30s will be nice to him!

0 comments: