Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Abigale!

This post is a little late but I want to write it before I go to the hospital in the morning and life really becomes crazy! That's right, tomorrow morning at 7:00 am I will be in the hospital delivering our baby girl! I am so full of emotion that I dont really know what else to say about it so I will just focus on Abigale.


In the morning we filled our family room with balloons so when Abigale woke up on her birthday, she was in heaven and didnt stop jumping and kicking for a good 10 minutes. We then went with some friends to the zoo because of her love for animals and she had a great time. She was so cute with her friends and was so excited to see everything. After the zoo, we took the kids to the park and had a picnic complete with cupcakes so we could sing happy birthday. After the zoo we took Abigale home and my parents came over for dinner (clam chowder in bread bowls, Abigale's favorite) and opened presents and had more cupcakes. She is one spoiled girl but we love her so much anyway! Happy Birthday Goose!




Grandma and Grandpa Tanner got Abigale this awesome chair. She loves pointing out all the animals and rocking her baby in it.

At dinner, Abigale sat on her papa's lap and wanted to feed him so instead of turning around she would just stick her arm in the air. It was pretty funny.



This is mostly just for me to remember how cute Abigale is right now but I want to write a few of my favorite things and what she is up to at the age of two:
- She is extremely nurturing. She has a baby doll that she loves to carry and is very gentle and caring. She loves to rock her, sing to her, and kiss her. She also loves to take care of others. Right now she is playing with her little kitchen and making me and Jonathan "dinner". She loves to give people hugs and kisses and now is on high fives. She will walk up to me and say "Mom, high five!" and put her hand out and then just walk away. I love it!
- Abigale is very sensitive. She hates when other kids cry and usually will try to give them a hug or else will start to cry with them. She also hates when people get hurt. My dad fell on his bike and scraped up his arm and for weeks everytime she saw him she would want to see his "owie" and would get the saddest look on her face. I hurt my thumb the other day and she almost started crying just because I told her I had an owie.
- She loves to cuddle with me in the morning and I must admit that even though I am tired, I love it too! She doesn't just lay next to me, but she has to have her head on my chest and will sometimes wrap her arms around my neck and fall asleep. It is really cute.
-Abigale is a morning girl for sure. She is usually awake by 6:30, no matter what time we put her to bed, and is ready to play.
- She loves Baby Einstein. She loves the movies, books. music, toys, etc.
- Her favorite foods are macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, clam chowder, toast with jam, cereal, Pringles chips, bean soup, cheese, and she will eat Ranch dressing with everything.
-In the morning, she eats her breakfast every day sitting in front of our back window counting the birds she sees. She always finishes her cereal and then has to drink the milk. It is perfect for me because it gives me a great chance to clean the kitchen.
-She loves to sing and knows all of the words to the following songs: ABC's, Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam, Jingle bells, the Barney song- I love you, you love me, Twinkle little star, Book of Mormon stories, and she knows parts of a lot of other songs.
-Abigale loves to count things and can now count to twenty
- She loves to draw and especially loves to draw on everything but paper- including walls, books, her feet and hands, her clothes, table, etc. Not too happy about this one.
-Abigale is almost potty trained. As long as we leave her diaper off all day she will always run to her potty when she has to go. If we put panties on her, there is about a 75% chance that she will tell us and go on the potty and if she has a diaper on about a 50% chance. I am sure she will have it all figured out soon.
- When someone comes over and she gets excited, she just starts jumping and running. It is the silliest thing. For example, when my mom comes over, for about five minutes she will just jump around the house and sometimes fall on the ground and start rolling as she just laughs and laughs. Once she is done jumping, she will run and give her a hug. It cracks me up everytime.
-I think that is all for now but it has been so nice just thinking about Abigale and how much we love her and how lucky we are to have her in our life. If our next little one is half as cute and sweet, we will be very blessed parents. I love you sweet girl!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

What a fun birthday! She is such a beautiful little girl. She looks so grown up!!! I can't believe how much she is saying and doing. And that she can sing so many songs! I better get working on this one with Weston!

GOOD LUCK tomorrow! We will be thinking about you guys all day! We can't wait to hear how things went and to see pictures.
Love you all lots!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Happy BDAY ABS!!!! You are simply the coolest little kid I have ever met. I can only hope for a kid 1/10 as cute and fun to hang with. Your birthday gift this year? How does a little sister sound. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

You are such a cute mommy! She is so lucky....