Thursday, November 6, 2008

She Is Here!

Well, the baby has come! 7lbs 14oz, 11:58am, 21 inches.


This was an interesting birth to witness, Carley started to have contractions as soon as she arrived at the hospital. The contractions came quick and powerful. Carley requested an epidural and was given one soon after. She laid down to rest for a bit when she started to feel pressure and very sharp pains. The doctor came in and the labor was on. Carley gave birth to our new beautiful daughter before the epidural had time to work and has experienced unexpected natural child birth. We named our new daughter Lydia June Tanner. We chose the name from my family history. Lydia was the wife of the first Tanner to join the church. We immediately felt the spirit testify of the great meaning behind our choice.









Abigale was ecstatic when she saw Mom and Lydia. She immediately wanted to touch her and hold her. Carley, with all her wisdom, bought Abigale a new doll that distracted Abigale from all the attention on Lydia. Abigale then watched Carley's every move and did the same with her baby.






We are now a family of four, what a wonderful day!!!

9 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Hooray!! Congrats Carl! I sure do love you and am so glad that everything went okay today. I can't wait to meet Lydia in a few months!

Callie said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for you! Love the name too.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH.. yeahhhh! She is so beautiful! AND so are you! Good job! I can't wait to see your family over christmas! It will be so fun! Congrats- love you!

Ty and Em said...

Congratulations, Carly and family!

Side of Caitlin said...

The comment above from side of jeffrey was from me- I'm sure you figured that out. Again, I'm sooo sorry about last night. Yuck! I hope you feel better today.

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! She is darling. We cant wait to see her. Way to go Carley. You are the ultimate SHEMAN in my book!... just thinking about natural hurts me! haha. I love you guys soo much! We are planning a time to come up as I type so hope to see you FOUR asap!

Jenn said...

Carlaay! I didn't know you had this blog! I only found you cuz it seems Side of Jeffrey and I had an online quarrel and I was looking through his friends and found you! Congrats on your baby! Your girls are SOOO cute!!! Where you at these days? It'd be fun to get together with you and Jami!!!

Nicole said...

YaY!!! Congrats!! YOu are such a beautiful little family. She is so darling and so is her name. We hope things are going better for you now that you're home. What a scary few days! We'll send some extra prayers your way!!!
Lots of Love,
The Drysdale fam

Darwin + Kiara said...

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful! And, I LOVE the name, Lydia!