Sunday, November 9, 2008

We are home and out of the woods

It has been a very eventful 48hrs. Just when you think all is well, unexpected change occurs. Carley and Lydia were doing fine when I left the hospital at 8:00pm, I was asleep with Abigale at Mama and Papa Winmill's house when Judy came in and told me the hospital has been trying to get a hold of me. All the hospital could tell me is there has been complications with Carley and Lydia.


They told me Carley had started to bleed very badly and has had some concerning blood clots. Lydia was not keeping food down and has been moved to NICU to be put on an IV and was in need of x-rays.


I quickly put on my clothes and headed back to the hospital. I was driving back to the hospital thinking what I was going to do if these two very important woman ever left me, but I was quickly calmed by the spirit and told all was going to be fine. I arrived at the hospital to find Carley with puffy eyes and a bit scared. The doctors had to remove the clots with a painful procedure that Carley described as being more painful then the birth.


The x-rays came back on Lydia and showed that her small and large intestines were full of air bubbles, the doctors didn't ever find out what was the underlining cause, but assumed they were caused by an obstruction in her intestines.


Well the night became a waiting game. Carley was monitored every 15min, and steadily improved over the night. Lydia also was treated with some abrasive routines but come morning, she was doing a bit better. The following day and night were report after report of improvement on Carley and Lydia's health.


The next day they were both given the go ahead to leave. Our first night at home was a new adjustment with me on the couch with Lydia and Carley coming in every four hours to feed. Abigale is still enjoying her baby sister and our daughter just sleeps and eats.


We are thankful for all the prayers in our behalf, we are a blessed family and will continue to keep you updated. Here are a bunch of photos.









4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

haha! I'm so computer illiterate. I seemed to write a comment and then erase it. I agree with you J, she is the freaking cutest!!! I love all the pics with Abigale and the baby. I can't believe how long her hair has gotten. She is all grown up now. I can't wait to see you guys tonight on the web cam. Love you!!!

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

WOW!! You guys are troopers. I am so sorry for all that you have been through. Carley I am so impressed with the natural labor...nice work. :) I am so glad everything is ok and all home from the hospital. We think you guys are awesome and are so excited little Lydia is here. She is so cute and Abigale looks like she will be a very helpful big sister.

Unknown said...

Carey, isn't it so great to have such a wonderful supportive husband? I don't know what I'd do without mine! You have such a special family!-- I'm so happy things worked out for the better... You had me worried! love ya* Jess